When Liz Strauss stood before WordCamp Dallas and said she had 60,317 comments on her blog, the audience was staggered. Even Matt Mullenweg was impressed. Everyone was impressed and wanted to know her secret.
Now you can get the secret behind online community building from Liz Strauss. After several years of research and writing, Liz just announced her new ebook, The Secret to Writing a Successful and Outstanding Blog — The Insider’s Guide to the Conversation That’s Changing How Business Works. Based upon the lessons she learned turning her own blog, Successful and Outstanding Bloggers, Liz reveals the keys to turning her blog into one of the most successful and social blogs on the web.
The 68-page ebook offers the things you need to know to move from offline-writing-think to online conversation with clear and concise language and tips. Divided into two main sections, “Can You Hear the Internet?” and “Can the Internet Hear You?”, Liz brings her wit and vast experience from years of work in the print and online publishing worlds to help you rethink how you blog and how you write on your blog to encourage the conversation, turning readers into community.
The opening paragraph of the book reminds us that the world is no longer just your neighborhood or office.
A conversation is going on. It’s happening on blogs, via podcasts, and in interactive videos. People are building trust and forging bonds with colleagues and friends. Online friends of (likemind) meet for coffee and conversation all over the world. These relationships cut across traditional rules and business hierarchies. The ease and authenticity of those relationships are radically changing the way business works – right now.
Are you listening? Do you see how business is changing?
I’ve written a lot about Liz Strauss and have been privlieged to be a part of her annual Successful and Outstanding Bloggers Conference (SOBCon), an incredible educational and sharing experience for bloggers to learn more about how blogging works, and how blogs can work for you. I’m also one of those honored with her weekly SOB Awards (Successful and Outstanding Blogger), an award that recognizes the phenomenal and creative work bloggers do. She guest blogs on many blogs and was a long time writer on the Blog Herald. As a friend and a fan, there are few people so giving and trustworthy as Liz, but more importantly, there are few business professionals in the world who understand what blogs really mean and how they are changing the world around us.
Packed within this ebook are a ton of well-written tips, inspirational ideas, and checklists to help you improve your blog writing, write to attract an interactive audience, how to build online relationships that convert into business and income. She also includes a wide range of community building tips that recognize the importance of trust, credibility, and transparency required for sincere blogging businesses.
The book concentrates on online writing techniques, emphasized in the second half of the book using a immediate actionable ideas in “6+1 Traits of Effective Writing.” The book also includes her “Classic Blog Review Checklist to Publish a Blog Magnet” and “Know the Secret to Writing a Successful and Outstanding Blog” popular articles.
While I will be talking more about this incredible book for bloggers and businesses, and could rattle on for days about how it changed my blog writing and thinking, even after all these years of blogging, Liz sums up her book this way:
This book is about how blogs — video, audio, and text — start conversations, establish expertise, create communities, and turn visitors into customers, partners, and fiercely loyal fans.
That’s the kind of traffic conversion you want. Trust me, it’s worth it. I will be changing how I blog based upon this book. Go get The Secret to Writing a Successful and Outstanding Blog — The Insider’s Guide to the Conversation That’s Changing How Business Works now.
WordPress Community Exclusive: Automattic, on behalf of WordPress, sponsored the recent Successful and Outstanding Bloggers Conference (SOBCon) in Chicago, and Liz is a popular speaker at many events, including WordCamps, so she is offering a special excerpt of her book for the WordPress Community as a way of saying thank you for their long time support and encouragement. Subscribe to the free Successful Blog Community Newsletter and you will receive an email to download the free ebook, “The Insider’s Guide to Conversation Online,” a 9-page booklet that includes more information on her new book and the compete chapter of “Writing Voice – The Sound of Your Brand.” This chapter includes a checklist to inspire readers and engage them in the business of your blog.
Related Articles About Liz Strauss
- SOBCon 2008: FuelMyBlog Pre-Conference Meetup Friends
- Liz Strauss at WordCamp Dallas Transcript: 60,317 Comments
- 5 Tips about Surviving on the Road with Lorelle
- 24 Reasons Why You Should Attend These Blog Conferences
- Liz Strauss Offers Tips for Blogging More Efficiently
- SOBCon: Be There for the Business of Blogging!
- We Give and Give and Give – But We Still Have to Pay the Rent
- Liz Strauss Guides Lorelle on a Quest To Find Her Passion
- Why Writing a Link Post May Be Less Like Partying and More Like Work
- Why Writing a Link Post Should Be Like Planning a Party
- Why A Link Post Should Be Like Mingling at a Party
- Bringing the Best of the Best Blogging Resources to Your Feed Reader
- Liz Strauss Offers 20 Blog Promotion Guides
- Asking a Key Question About Your Blog Brand
- SOBCon 2007 Remembered and Recommended
- Dear Blog Emperors: A Link Relevancy Test
- Blog Community Building Starts With Two
- Lorelle in Chicago Next Week at the Successful and Outstanding Bloggers Conference
- Memes Are Out. Bloggy Tags Are In.
- Copy Copy Copy: You Can’t Write My Post. I Can’t Write Yours.
- The Thinking Blogger Award
- Blog Challenge: Does Your Blog Make a Difference?
- The Successful and Outstanding Blogger Conference – Will You Be There?
- Thank Women Bloggers
- Your January Blogging To Do List by Liz Strauss
Site Search Tags: wordpress news, blogging tips, blog tips, liz strauss, ebook, blog conversation, online conversation, blog readers, blog comments, how to blog, learning how to blog, online conversion