The following are the policies, licenses, and legal issues associated with Lorelle on WordPress.
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen – Some Rights Reserved: You are permitted to share the information within Fair Use, which my copyright policy declares to be no more than 10% or 400 words, to copy, distribute and display under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work). A properly formed HTML link to the content cited is required.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. Ads on the site may imply the site is commercial as ads generate income.
- No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work. You may quote from the material within the Fair Use declaration.
- No Published Translations: Published human and machine translations beyond Fair Use are considered a violation of my copyright policy. You are not permitted to translate any content on this site save for excerpts and Fair Use compliance.
- Usage With Permission: Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder in writing. For any reuse or distribution of the content with permission, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to Lorelle on WordPress and the original article.
- US Copyright Law: US Copyright Law protects this site’s content above and beyond the license by the Creative Commons.
- Feeds: Use of feeds from this site are for personal use, not commercial. Republishing content from this site via feeds is permitted as titles and excerpts, as part of Fair Use, at the discretion of the blog author and owner. Scraping, using feeds as a replacement for content, is not permitted under any conditions without the express permission of the copyright holder. Any use or republishing of full or excerpted content as a replacement for content is not permitted and will be penalized.
- Moral Rights: Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author’s moral rights.
Violation of the author’s copyright may result in fines, fees, penalties, and DMCA notifications to all parties involved in the site, which could result in the copyright violators’ site being shut down.
Lorelle VanFossen and the administrators and contributors to Lorelle on WordPress have the right to edit, delete, and block any and all inappropriate or unnecessary comments on this blog, as they see fit. Commenting is a privilege. Play fair and play nice.
For more information on comment policies and standards, see How NOT to Comment on Comments, Comments on Comments, Editing Your Blog Comments, Mean Spirited Comments and Blogging, and I Love It When You Say Nice Things About Me.
Guest Blogging and Contributors
I do not accept guest bloggers or contributors nor take requests for them on this site. Please do not ask as you will be turned down.
If I do permit someone to contribute to this site, it is by my personal request and based upon extensive research, familiarity, and experience with that contributor, and it is exceptionally rare. DO NOT ASK. Such requests will be considered spam and marked accordingly.
Advertising, Marketing, and Reviews
It is a violation of the WordPress.com Terms of Service to permit affiliate ads on WordPress.com sites.
If you see an ad here, it is because WordPress.com shows random small contextual ads to those not logged into WordPress.com. I’ve arranged to not have these visible, but they do occasionally appear when there is a change in the core code. If you spot one, let me know.
Do not ask me to advertise for you on this site. If you get any response at all, you will get a form letter if any response at all advising you to not contact myself or anyone on WordPress.com for the purposes of advertising or marketing, so skip WordPress.com in your whole world domination plan. It would be much appreciated. All such emails will be treated as spam.
I do not do solicited reviews of products or services. If I blog about any product or service it is done free of charge and because I am a passionate fan.
I will occasionally do a book review based upon books that are sent to me in advance, but they must be directly related to WordPress, blogging, social media, and web publishing. No compensation, other than the book, is provided for such reviews, and I only review books for which I have a positive review.
The work on this site is mine and mine alone unless otherwise indicated. This site is a critical part of my business and income is derived through the form of donations, Amazon Wish List, and client and teaching work.
The content published within this site reflects the years of training, expertise, and experience by Lorelle VanFossen and she receives no compensation nor is an employee or contract worker for any of the products, services, or sites featured unless specifically mentioned such as her teaching and training programs.
Lorelle VanFossen does not and never has worked for WordPress, The WordPress Foundation, or Automattic and has never directly received funding or compensation for her services or work. She has worked since 2003 on a voluntary basis for the WordPress Community.
WordPress.com collects information provided by the web browser such as the IP address, location, operating system, browser type, screen size, device, etc., as part of their statistics application. Google Analytics collections much the same information.
If you comment on this site, you opt-in to provide your name, email, website, and comment, and that information is stored for your next visit.
If you are logged into WordPress.com as a WordPress.com member, your information is auto-filled in the comment box when visiting this site, but the information is not stored as associated with this site unless you comment.
Unless requested, no usage of your comment contact information is used by the site author.
The author and contributors on this site work very hard to ensure the site complies with US and international web standards and web accessibility laws. If you find a way to help us comply even more, please let us know.
If you break it, you own it.
The site owner/author is not a lawyer.
Do you believe everything you read in the newspaper?
Only trust this site as far as you can throw it.
No shoes, no shirt, you are welcome, come on in.
My job is to educate, inform, and entertain you. I fail, go somewhere else.
It’s that simple.