I know it’s blatant bragging, but I have never gotten blase about reading an article I wrote and finding it not only good but awesome. How can I explain this better?
See, I really don’t think that what I write is very important or even very interesting, though people tell me that it is all the time. And I get paid to write. Yes, I’m a paid writer. Still, I think my writing is mediocre. I just do what I do and live my passion to write on a daily basis. I live to write. I can write about anything, anytime and just about anywhere. But I don’t think my writing is that good.
Then I stumble across something I’ve written and read it as if it was the first time. I read it as if I didn’t write it. I think, “Wow, this is really great!” Then I remember that I wrote it and I’m impressed with myself. Actually, I’m not so impressed with myself as I am shocked that I actually created a good piece of writing that has some value. I giggle and then laugh, and tell my husband, who nods and just understands this strange thing I do to myself. Within a few hours, I’m paranoid and fretful that my writing sucks again, and my life returns to its normal insecurity.
Does this ever happen to you? I hope I’m not alone in this strange ritual of self-gloat and self-deprecation.
Anyway, while I’m in a moment of gloating, here is a list of some of the articles I’ve written recently on this blog that I’m especially proud of..that is at least until tomorrow. 😉
- Can You Visualize the Web?
- What Are Keywords?
- Website Development – Keywords Help You Write Your Blog
- Website Development – Listing The Keywords Inside
- The Power of the Link
- How Search Engines See, Search, and Visit Your Website
- How People Search the Web and How They Can Find Your Blog
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before You Blog
- Blog Maintenance – Check For 404 Page Not Found Errors
- Website Development – What Needs to Be Done and How Much Does It Cost
- Site Optimization – Checking Loose Links
- Site Optimization: Optimizing Bandwidth and Cleaning Out the Code Closet
- Judging Blogs by their Post Content Styles
- Local Blogging Tour Guides – Cornfield Mazes, Cabins, Flying, Satellite Photos, and Landmarks
- Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll Replaced by Sex, Drugs, and Mortgage Rates
- Instantly Translate Your Blog
- 30 Things You Can Do to Change the World in 30 Seconds
- What to do with your free wordpress.com blog
- Guinness World Book of Records and Other Blog Score Cards
- Comments on Comments
- Learning About Blogging and How to Blog
- Family Holiday Time – Would You Fix My Computer?
- Conquering Site Validation Errors
- Linkability – Link Popularity
- What is Comment Spam?
- How to Impress with WordPress
- Secret Out – How Google Ranks Websites
- Google Page Ranks, Google News, Google Gossip, Google Blues
- Blogging About Disabilities
- Designing A WordPress Theme From Scratch
- Designing A WordPress Theme – Building a Sandbox
- A Guide to the WordPress Codex, The Online Manual for WordPress Users
- Who The Hell Are You?
- Search and Replace in WordPress MySQL Database
- A Day in the Life of a Paranoid Website Administrator
- The Problems with Tags and Tagging