In an ongoing attempt to break the rules on how a blog works, Liz Strauss of Successful and Outstanding Bloggers turned yesterday into an open comment day on her blog with some of the world’s top bloggers and social media experts.
Each hour from 11AM Central Time until the end of the day, a blog post and open comment forum was posted. They included:
- 11:00 – Liz Strauss on Building a Personal Development Network
- 12:00 – Mark J Carter on Saving the World with Social Media
- 1:00 – Lucretia Pruitt on Twittering the Way that Works Best for You
- 2:00 – Andy Sernovitz on Amazing Word of Mouth for Your Blog
- 3:00 – Mary-Lynn Foster on Podcast and Blog Interviewing Tips
- 4:00 – Easton Ellsworth on Visionary Blogging Improvements
- 5:00 – John Haydon on Social Media and Trust Online
- 6:00 – Vicky H on Writing for the Web
- 7:00 – Becky McCray on Successful Entrepreneurship
- 8:00 – Shannon Paul on Internet People and What They Do
- 9:00 – Angela Maiers on Literacy and Learning in the 21st Century
- 10:00 – Terry Starbucker on Pitching Social Media to Clients — 5 Key Questions for Potential Clients
Liz closed the day with “Liz Strauss: When the Tribe Has Spoken, How to Find Your Voice and Own It,” a brilliant piece that talks about how reality is distorted when you give yourself and your identity away to a company and the company slaps you back, turning you out of the tribe, so to speak.
As Liz shows the world, the power of having your own voice is showcased by the tremendous line up of guest bloggers and participants on her blog, as well as in the upcoming Successful and Outstanding Bloggers Conference (SOBCon) in Chicago, May 1-3, called the Biz School for Bloggers.
Successful and Outstanding Bloggers Conference (SOBCon2009)
Every year, SOBCon leaves me speechless with it’s powerful lessons and fantastic participants. I learn so much and meet the very best people striving to become the best they can be. I’ve so enjoyed watching people grow from the lessons learned at SOBCon. Some of the top bloggers today found their way at the first and second annual Successful and Outstanding Bloggers Conference, and are now returning to share what they learned with others.
The list of speakers for this year’s event include:
- Stephen Hopson
- Geoff Nelson
- Chris Aarons
- Julien Smith
- Lorelle VanFossen
- Saul Colt
- Chris Cree
- Brian Solis
- Denise Wakeman
- Chris Brogan
- Brian Clark
- David Bullock
- Glenda Watson Hyatt
- Stephen Smith
- Melissa Pierce
- KD Paine
- Karen Putz,
- Michael Martine
- Wendy Piersall
- Liz Strauss
- Kali Evans-Raoul
The topics are just as electric as their presenters. ROI of relationships in social media business techniques such as negotiating relations with new clients, products, and intellectual property; communication networks and competition in the SocialSphere; transparency and visibility; working with corporate sponsors and partners; multimedia production; accessibility and publishing for the disabled audience and SEO; branding and marketing strategies; social networking tools; publishing techniques; and more.
SOBCon usually sells out fast and there is limited space as this is an intimate hands-on training camp, not your normal conference. Participants are put into MasterMind groups to work on the lessons learned by each workshop and presentation, so you take away an actionable task list and plan for your blog and business. Register now to be a part of this exciting event.
And check out the Q&A from many of the speakers and key blogging industry leaders on Successful and Outstanding Bloggers.