Social Media for Crafters and Artists: Covering the Basics of the Social Web by Lorelle VanFossen, has been a true labor of love, meeting the two joys in my life, blogging and social media with crafting. It is available for sale as a PDF ebook.
The book includes the basics of social media designed specifically with the crafting enthusiast in mind, from knitting to scrapbooking, from beading to woodwork. It explores what social media tools are and explains various social networks, mailing lists, forums, discussion groups, and other online social groups, how they work, and how to find the right one for your crafty needs.
|To Order “Social Media for Crafters and Artists”
Through Sellfy Digital Media Store
After purchase, you will be directed to a download link.
Of course, it covers basics of blogging, Facebook, Twitter, BurdaStyle, and Ravelry, some WordPress, and offers extensive lists of crafting communities by speciality, such as knitting, crochet, scrapbooking, beading, jewelry making, quilting, woodworking, embroidery, crazy quilting, sewing, and many more. I’ve also put together an extensive list of crafting podcasts, many of which are featured in Craft Month: Podcasts for the Knitter, Crocheter, Quilter, Woodworker, Beader, Jeweler… as part of the ongoing WordCast Craft Month.
As a long time crafter, I’ve met a lot of crafty folks who are either fearful or cautious about the social web. This book will help guide you through the process, step-by-step, to understand all the different types of social media networks and services and how to connect through the web to the experts you need and want to learn from, and how you can share your own expertise.
The book is specifically designed to focus on the needs of crafters, helping guide you to the folks you need to know online.
- Top 10 reasons crafters should get involved in the social web.
- Social media tips, techniques, and guides.
- A list of what you need to get involved in the social web.
- How to create and protect your online identity.
- Tips and guides for building your social web plan.
- Descriptions of the various online communities and social networks.
- How to choose an online community to join.
- How to take the first steps in getting to know, and be known, in an online community.
- How to incorporate social media into your day-to-day life.
- How to build a blog into your online resume and home base.
- Basic blog writing tips and techniques.
- Tips and techniques for connecting via Facebook.
- An introduction to the power of the tweet with Twitter.
- Understanding the inner workings of an online community or forum.
- Tips on how to share multimedia such as photographs, video, and audio on the web.
- Tips on how to move the virtual relationships to face-to-face interactions.
- An extensive glossary of social media references and jargon.
I’ve put together all my expertise on social media and web publishing to guide you through the hazardous waters of the web in Social Media for Crafters: Covering the Basics of the Social Web. Get your copy now.
Lorelle VanFossen, the WordPress guru has a book out on social media for crafters. In fact, it’s called Social Media for Crafters. This one is not on using social media to sell your work, but covers the basics and is more about connecting and networking with other craftspeople. Very good and clear, as Lorelle always is.
I’ve been blogging for several years now, and I found treasure in Lorelle’s new book. I could spend months exploring all the podcasts and craft sites listed in her book. I also found out that I was doing many things right – and that I still have a lot to learn!