I will be speaking on “Blogging Your Passion” at the Making it in Changing Times conference January 31, 2015, in Portland, Oregon. Produced by author Jessica Page Morrell, this day-long conference is designed to kick your writing and publishing butt in the new world of publishing.
The conference features:
- Cathy Lamb, best-selling New York Times novelist will be speaking about Your Authentic, Doable, Full-of-Heart Writing Life
- Jessica Page Morrell, editor, author, and teacher of writing workshops around the Pacific Northwest will be speaking about being brave on the page and writing with intensity to improve the quality of a scene
- Marian Pierce, award-winning editorial writer and yoga practitioner will be presenting a short Yoga for Writers session
- Adam O’Conner Rodriguez, PSU teacher of copyediting and publishing, senior editor of Hawthorne Books, and author, poet, and writer speaking on the insider’s view of the submission process for book publishing
- Elissa Wald, editorial writer and contributor to Huffington Post, and author of numerous books, short stories, essays, and anthologies, speaking on how to hook readers and keep them engaged online
I will be speaking about blogging your passion, about opening your heart and mind to the possibilities within your self and your site. I’ll be offering tips on how to create a direct relationship with your readers, build your online community, and do so easily and efficiently. As with most of my talks, I will be focusing on WordPress, something I am more than passionate about.
If you are a writer, publisher, author, or exploring these options in the future, this is an ideal workshop for you. There are limited seats available, so register now at Making it in Changing Times for this unique writing and publishing conference.