This is the end of eight months of celebrating the 10th Anniversary of WordPress with a year of non-stop blogging about blogging, focused on using WordPress as your publishing platform.
In August, the blog exercises included some regularly scheduled monthly tasks such as editing your previously published content, writing about current events, and fixing your site. Together, we worked on your site goals, improving your site’s interactivity and fan-base, and hopefully improved your blog writing.
Highlights for many following these blog exercises included:
- Site Goals: Helping you to refocus your site goals to be specific and well-planned.
- Sharing Lessons Learned from Your Mistakes: How to share the mistakes you’ve made in your life and work to help others learn, and to connect with your readers.
- The Art of List Making: An exploration of the various visual ways to present different types of lists in your posts.
- Life Lessons, Before the Blog, and What Story Would You Want to Hear Told: These posts took you back into your personal history to share stories about how things where, lessons learned, and the personal site of your life to connect with your readers.
I need to highlight the amazing post that inspired The Outsider blog exercise this month. Janet of Janet’s Notebook’s post on being born an outsider touched all of us with its forthcoming honestly and sincerity. It is this openness and willing to stretch and grow personally that continues to inspire these blog exercises.
The Secret Sauce blog exercise was inspired by Laurali Star on her diary site. She wrote a response to a fan on how to improve their blogging and it inspired me to expand upon her answer. I love finding great content that not only compels me to comment, it inspires me to write more on the subject. Thanks, Laurali, for that inspiration.
Here is a full listing of all the blog exercises this month. Remember, you do not have to start at the beginning, though it may help. You may start these blog exercises today.
- Blog Exercises: What Story Would You Want to Hear Told?
- Blog Exercises: Define Freedom
- Blog Exercises: Self-Control and Distractions
- Blog Exercises: August Random Editing Day
- Blog Exercises: Making Drafts Work For You Not Against
- Blog Exercises: If You Don’t Make Mistakes, You’ll Never Learn
- Blog Exercises: The Outsider
- Blog Exercises: Collect Your Quotes
- Blog Exercises: August Current Events
- Blog Exercises: Site Goals
- Blog Exercises: Life Lessons
- Blog Exercises: I Don’t Have Any Comments
- Blog Exercises: Things I Wish I Knew When I Started
- Blog Exercises: The Art of List Making
- Blog Exercises: When Your Site Design Owns You
- Blog Exercises: The Daily Social Meme
- Blog Exercises: Before the Blog
- Blog Exercises: Who Do Others Think You Are?
- Blog Exercises: Patterns in the Stats
- Blog Exercises: You Shouldn’t Have Started with a Question If You Didn’t Want it Answered
- Blog Exercises: Creating Influential Connections
- Blog Exercises: The Secret Sauce
Previous months of blog exercises:
- Blog Exercises for January
- Blog Exercises for February
- Blog Exercises for March
- Blog Exercises for April
- Blog Exercises: May Summary
- Blog Exercises: June Summary
- Blog Exercises: July Summary