P2: The New Prologue is out for WordPress.com bloggers to play with. Based upon the Prologue WordPress Theme that has been called Twitter-Meets-Blog, this is a form of social networking microblogging WordPress Theme.
The announcement offers more information and a video, but this is not a WordPress Theme for everyone. It is designed for multiple contributor blogs or groups, allowing people to communicate Twitter-style with each other. The WordPress Development Updates blog uses Prologue. WordPress developers tweet their patches, collaborate, share what they are working on, and boost each other through the process, though recently it has also been used as a general blog, breaking the one-line-per-post rule, which shows the flexibility of the Theme.
The features include:
- Live notifications.
- Easy participation by multiple contributors.
- Posting from the front page of the blog – without using the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Comments on the front page of the site with in-line editing (no page refresh) with AJAX.
- Threaded comment display on the front page, as well as on single post pageviews.
- Live tag suggestion.
- Show/hide feature for threaded comments.
- Keyboard shortcuts for faster posting and navigation.
- Feeds for the blog, comments, authors, tags, searches, and more.
Some may want to activate the P2 WordPress Theme on their current blog, which is a fairly dramatic change. It’s currently a plain white page with the focus on the content. User’s comments are highlighted in the sidebar with their Gravatars next to their name and the post title they commented on.
This is a great Theme to use in addition to your main blog, especially if you are working with a group of people and you want to set up a group only discussion and collaboration system.
Or if you are into microblogging, this could be your new WordPress Theme.
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network, and author of Blogging Tips, What Bloggers Won't Tell You About Blogging.