I’m preparing to head to WordCamp Whistler, for the January 24, 2009, WordPress event in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. It is a unique combination ski, photowalk, and WordCamp event for winter and blogging fans around the world at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort. They’ve also listed other accommodation options to consider.
Tickets are on sale until Tuesday of next week, so register now. They’ve planned photo walks and skiing events along with the WordPress fun, with a social Saturday night at the Longhorn Saloon in Whistler, sponsored by Molson. There will be a lot of WordCamp social events to get to know the speakers, sponsors, and attendees.
The speakers are some experts in WordPress, blogging, social media, video, photography, and SEO, including:
- Lorelle VanFossen – WordPress Power Blogging Tips
- Andy Peatling of BuddyPress
- Dave Olson of uncleweed – Are you Worthy?
- Dale Mugford of BraveNewCode – WordPress On The Go
- John Biehler – How To Sex Up Your Blog With Photos And Video
- Quentin Muhlert of 6Smarketing.com – WordPress and Search Engine Optimization – Bringing Traffic To Your Blog
- Morten Rand-Hendriksen of Design is Philosophy – Using WordPress In Alternate Configurations
In Ski With Me to WordCamp Whistler, I list transportation options and more information on this amazing WordCamp event. This kind of WordCamp event is rare, placed in a lovely landscape with so many winter activities wrapped around it. Don’t miss it.