December 11, 2008, WordPress 2.7 was announced and released to the public, one of the hottest versions of WordPress ever.
Just 20 hours later, Ryan Boren announced that there have been 100,000 downloads in those first few hours, spinning the WordPress Counter.
In the next few moments or so, The WordPress Counter rolled over 500,000 downloads of the new WordPress 2.7.
The WordPress Counter is restarted with every version release.
So let’s do a little math, with a reminder that I’m not good at math.
Using the handy date calculation tool from Timeanddate.com, from and including Thursday, December 11, 2008, to and including Friday, December 19, 2008, nine days have passed. The tool told me this equals:
- 777,600 seconds (0.643 downloads a second)
- 12,960 minutes (38.58 downloads per minute)
- 216 hours (2,314.81 downloads per hour)
That’s some serious bandwidth action. Go download WordPress 2.7 now and let’s see how fast we can reach one million. By Monday? Wednesday? Anyone taking bets?😉
If it takes 0.64 seconds per download, how long before the WordPress 2.7 download counter will read one billion? Want to guess? Place more bets?
Have you been recycling your WordPress downloads?😀
- WordPress News: WordPress 2.7 Released
- WordPress News on the Blog Herald
- WordPress 2.7 Upgrade Tips
- WordPress 2.7 Available Now
- Countdown to WordPress 2.7
- WordPress 2.7 Hits WordPress.com Thursday, December 4, 2008
- WordPress 2.7 Release News and Links
- WordPress 2.7 News
- Warning: Fake WordPress Malicious Site