The past few weeks of the Blog Herald’s WordPress News reports that I do have been huge. Each one now takes many hours to produce, rounding up all the news from WordPress developers, Plugin and Theme developers, WordPress.com, WordPress fan podcasts and blogs, and the WordPress Community.
WordPress 2.7 is the biggest WordPress version ever, and Ryan Boren announced that there have been 100,000 downloads in the first 20 hours of release, with the WordPress counter reporting 469,208 a little over a week since the version was released. With those numbers, you can tell that there has been a lot to report on for WordPress recently.
To honor the end of 2008 and all the great WordPress news over the past year, and to celebrate another year of bringing you the WordPress news on the Blog Herald every week, here is a listing of this year’s WordPress News Wednesday Reports:
- WordPress News: WordPress 2.7 Awesome, WordPress.com 5 Million, Plugins Updated, and WordCamp News
- WordPress News: WordPress 2.7 Released
- WordPress News: WordPress 2.7 Out on WordPress.com, WordPress 2.7 News, WordCamps, WordPress Plugins and Themes Updated
- WordPress News: WordPress 2.7 New Login, WordCamp Australia, WordPress 2.6.5 Security Update, BuddyPress, and More
- Beta 3 Released, WordCamp Australia, No WordPress 2.6.4, and More
- 2.7 Delayed, Sneak Peak Video, Help WordPress iPhone, WordCamps
- WordPress 2.7 Beta 2, Danger WordPress Faker, and More WordCamps
- WordPress 2.7 Soon, Security Upgrade, PodCamp-WordCamp Hawaii, PollDaddy, and More
- WordPress 2.7 Freeze, WordPress Themes News, WordCamp Bangkok
- WordCamp News, WordPress 2.7, Lester Chan Plugins Famous, Super Cache Updated
- WordPress 2.7 Final Features, WTC Plugin Contest Winners, WordCamps, Surveys, and More
- 4 WordCamps, WordPress 2.6.2, Bad Themes, Count Twitterers, Threaded Comments, and Sticky Posts
- World WordCamps, WordPress 2.7 Dangers, Martha Stewart, WordPressMU Updated
- WordCamp South Africa, World of WordCamps, Blaming WordPress, and Crazyhorse Gallops
- WordCamp 2008, Copy and Paste in WordPress iPhone, Count Your Comments, WordCamp South Africa
- WordCamp 2008, WordPress Rules the UK, and WordPress Plugin News
- WordPress 2.7, WordCamp News, 2.6.1 Beta Released
- WordPress iPhone Upgraded, WordCamp San Francisco Registration, Simon Dickson Rocked the UK, WordPress Theme Directory, and 201,000 Blogs Using WordPress 2.6
- iPhone, 10 Downing Street, WordCamp UK, WordPress 2.6 Rocks, WordPress International, and WordPress Themes Directory
- WordCamps in Africa and China, WordPress 2.6, WordPress Plugin Contest Ready for Votes, WordCamp UK, and More WordPress News
- WordCamps in Australia and Hawaii, Security Check Plugin, Google Gears, Lots of Plugin News and Tips, WordPress 2.6 News, and If Not WordPress, What?
- Your Own Song in the Plugin Competition, WordPress 2.6 Beta and First Looks, WordCamp UK New Location, Batcache, Naked Themes, and More
- WordPress Wednesday New: Planet WordPress Canada, WordPress Plugins Contest, Crazyhorse, BuddyPress Default Theme, Blog Hacked, Sitemaps, and More
- WordPress Blogs Hacked, Plugin Competition is Hot, BuddyPress, WordPress Sayings, and Lots of WordPress Plugin News
- WordPress at 50, WordPress Tweeters, Tracking WordPress 2.6, WordPress.com Stats, and Hot WordPress Plugins
- WordPress 5 Years Old, WordCamps International, WordPress 2.6 On Track, Plugin Competition is Hot, Genko Updated
- WordCamps Everywhere, Apache Patch for Securer Passwords, WordPress Plugin Contest, and More WordPress News
- WordPressMU Updated, Press-It Coming Back, WordCamp Milan, WordPress Keys, and Plugin Contest News
- Which Bookmarklet, WordPress 2.5.1 Mandatory Upgrade, WordPress Plugin Contest, WordCamp 2008 in San Francisco, and WordPress Mugs
- WordPress 2.5.1 Released, WordPress 2008 in August, Plugins Contest, 3 Million, WordPress.com Responds to Brazil Court Ban, and More
- WordCamps Everywhere, Webware 100 Again, Plugins to Fix WordPress 2.5, Change Admin Colors, and More
- WordPress 2.5 Issues, WordCamps Everywhere, Mullenweg Addresses Security Fears, Coffee2Code Finishes 14 Days of Plugins, and More
- WordPress 2.5, Security Issues, Plugins Updated, WordPress vs WordPressMU, and More
- WordPress Wednesday Special Edition: WordPress 2.5
- WordPress 2.5 Due Any Day, Beta 2 Released, Many Plugins Updated, WordCamp Dallas This Weekend, WordCamp UK Suggested, and More
- Sneak Peeks of WordPress 2.5, Beta Released, WordCamp Dallas Next Week, and More WordPress News
- WordPress 2.5 Due March 17, Administration Plugins May Break, Tons of Plugins Updated, Add Buttons to Toolbar, WordPress Dallas and Now Milan!
- WordPress 2.5 Next Week, WordPress Goes Social, Cleaning Out Splogs, and More WordPress News
- WordPress 2.5 in Two Weeks, New Hot Media Library, Instant Upgrades, Theme Designers Lack Inspiration, More Plugin Vulnerabilities Found
- WordPress 2.5 News, Colleges and Schools Love WordPressMU, Viddler Meets WordPress, Theme Buyers Beware, Columns in Blog Posts, Feeds Without Plugins
- WordPress 2.5 Live Reports, WWW or Not to WWW, 16,000 Post Migration, MT Does WP, WP Does Kazakhstan, and Gets Mugged
- WordPress 2.3.3 Security Must Upgrade, Plugins Vulnerable, Automatic Upgrades, and More
- WordCamp Hamburg Success, Automatic Upgrades Coming, $5,000 Bounty, Prologue Theme, and WordPress Wins Again
- Happy Birthday WordPress, Automattic Wins and Gets Lots of Money, Security Concerns Over Plugins and Core, WordCamp Hamburg and Hating the Name WordPress.com
- WordPress 2.5 On Track, Uninstalling WordPress Plugins, Premium WordPress Themes Debated, Permalinks, and More WordPress News
- WordPress 2.4 is 2.5, Release Delayed, Security Release Issued, WordPress Groups Group, Talking to Plugin Authors, and More
- Mandatory WordPress Security Release, Sneak Previews of WordPress 2.4, Hoodies, Vote for WordPress, Moving to WordPress, Custom Fields, and More
I’m not alone reporting on WordPress news and developments. The core sources and resources I depend upon that help me serve the WordPress Community are:
- WordPress Planet
- WordPress Development Blog
- WordPress.com Blog
- Weblog Tools Collection
- The WordPress Podcast
- Planet WordPress from Planet Ozh
- WordPress Publisher Blog
- Planet WordPress Canada
- The WordCamp Report
While it is tradition to thank all the “little people” who helped me get where I am today, I honestly owe it all to the entire WordPress Community.
I want to thank again the tons of people around the web whose blog content fills my feed reader every week with WordPress news, tips, guides, help, and general information. I read through hundreds of feeds and more hundreds of blog posts every week, learning what others are saying about WordPress and their WordPress blogging experience. Their perspective on WordPress, from every angle and opinion, helps me better understand how it works, and how I can better serve WordPress fans.
You are my heroes and heroines that make my life much easier. You are appreciated more than you could ever know. I’ve reserved a virtual hug for every one of you until we can meet in person. For those I’ve already met, you know that hug well. 😀
WordPress Tips on Twitter
A few months ago, I started sharing all the articles and news information I’ve collected over the years or writing about and reporting on WordPress with my followers on Twitter. Each day I publish a random WordPress tip covering various versions, techniques, Theme design and development, Plugin writing and tips, and a variety of cool stuff about using WordPress.
What to join the fun, follow lorelleonwp on Twitter for your daily dose of WordPress.
To celebrate the end of a very successful year, I will be releasing ten WordPress tips on December 25 and January 1 throughout each of those days.
Thanks again to all and to all, hope your 2008 was as good or better than mine (not possible 😀 ), and that 2009 will be even more exciting with plenty of WordPress news, events, meetups, WordCamps, and in person hugs.
See you soon at a WordCamp Event!