I’ve been in Hawaii for Hawaii Geek Week studying social the Aloha way, including a day long session in the Social Media Club Hawaii Workshop, and am confused as many of you about this the new “social” on the web and what it really means.
I woke up this morning with part of the definition cleared up with the announcement of a fantastic online party with Liz Strauss to celebrate the 3rd birthday of Successful and Outstanding Blogger with an invitation to 718 SOBs.
An SOB is a “Successful and Outstanding Blogger,” an award going out to 718 blogs and bloggers over the past three years. I’ve been extraordinarily honored with the SOB Award a couple of times, which shows that you don’t have to do anything very special to be included.😀
I’m in terrific company among top bloggers, bottom bloggers, bottom bloggers who became top bloggers, and top bloggers who lost their way and then recovered. The list covers the gamut but features the best of the best in blogging from their unique perspective on their world.
SOBCon is the “Successful and Outstanding Bloggers Conference” which brings together the best bloggers in the world, and those who want to learn from them, annually for the Biz School for Bloggers. May 1-3, 2009, will be the third annual SOBCon event in Chicago.
Liz Strauss has changed the face of the web with the power of the blog conversation with the SOB WordPress Widget and the Liz Strauss Comment Counter by Ozh WordPress Plugin, which PlanetOzh created to honor Liz as the queen of comments and interaction. She is also the author of the popular selling ebook, The Secret to Writing a Successful and Outstanding Blog — The Insider’s Guide to the Conversation That’s Changing How Business Works.
If you are an SOB, or SOB lurker and want to know what all the noise is about, check out the party invitation guidelines and come join all the SOBs from around the world to celebrate blogging and the art of the blog conversation with Liz Strauss.
- SOBCon 2007 Remembered and Recommended
- Asking a Key Question About Your Blog Brand
- Liz Strauss Offers 20 Blog Promotion Guides
- Bringing the Best of the Best Blogging Resources to Your Feed Reader
- Liz Strauss Guides Lorelle on a Quest To Find Her Passion
- We Give and Give and Give – But We Still Have to Pay the Rent
- SOBCon: Be There for the Business of Blogging!
- Liz Strauss Offers Tips for Blogging More Efficiently
- 24 Reasons Why You Should Attend These Blog Conferences
- 5 Tips about Surviving on the Road with Lorelle
- Liz Strauss at WordCamp Dallas Transcript: 60,317 Comments
- SOBCon 2008: FuelMyBlog Pre-Conference Meetup Friends
- Liz Strauss: The Secret to Writing a Successful and Outstanding Blog Ebook
- Liz Strauss Invites You to Show Off Your Blog
- Liz Strauss is Breaking the Web and Pushing WordPress
- Liz Strauss is Going to Break the Web
- Lorelle at WordCamp 2008 – 260 Ways to Break WordPress
- My Comment Count is Bigger Than Your Comment Count!
- Do You Remember Your First Blog Post? If You Do, You Could Win!
- Brand New Blogging Feeling Winners and New YUDU Contest
- Social Media: The New Path of Economics and Marketing
- WordCamp Portland: How WordPress Changes Lives
- Aloha Hawaii Geek Week!
- Hawaii Social Media Club is Changing Lives and Businesses
- Learning Blogging and Social Media in Hawaii
- Define Social Media
Site Search Tags: successful and outstanding bloggers, sob, sob award, liz strauss, liz strauss comment counter, wordpress comment counter, social media, successful blog, party, online party, comments, conversation