Search Engine Optimization for Your Blog: Three Easy Techniques, and also Drawbacks to SEO from Tom Johnson on I’d Rather Be Writing takes a good pros and cons look at SEO. I have to admit, I liked the cons better than the pros.
How can there be any drawbacks to search engine optimization? I never considered this, and it is a bit odd admitting it. But I feel a complete loss of anonymity as well as an unfounded power. I also have a greater responsibility to be accurate. When you Google Tom Johnson, I’m on the first page. Uhm, now instead of telling people my email and phone, I can tell them just to google me.
A crazy Haitian guy from Miami called me repeatedly last week affirming he knew me and wanted support for his studies…
I covered this in my Blog Herald article, Learning From Blithering Idiot Blog Readers, the price you pay for being “the expert” and getting calls at all hours of the night because readers think you are that expert, whether or not you are.
SEO is the technique of preparing your blog to be search engine friendly, easily searched and indexed by the search engine web crawlers. SEO has become a major industry with the promises of riches and fame. Without a doubt, SEO techniques should be a natural function, and most blogs, especially WordPress Themes, come fairly optimized for search engines, but there is a consequence to the fame part that comes from a well SEO-tricked out blog.
- Do-It-Yourself Search Engine Optimization
- Secret Out – How Google Ranks Websites
- Site Optimization: Optimizing Bandwidth and Cleaning Out the Code Closet
- Meet Them: Benefits of Compliance with Web Standards
- Site Optimization: Checking Loose Links
- Linkability – Link Popularity
- The Power of the Link
- More Must-Have Bookmarklets Than You Can Swing a Browser At
- How People Search the Web and How They Can Find Your Blog
- When is the Best Time and Day to Post on Your Blog?
- Are You Missing Out By Not Practicing SEO Techniques?
Site Search Tags: seo, search engine optimization, popularity, popular blog, fame, benefits of seo, benefits of optimization, blogging tips, blog tips, seo tips
Subscribe Via Feedburner Subscribe by Email
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network, and author of Blogging Tips, What Bloggers Won't Tell You About Blogging.