Before WordCamp all sponsored themes should be removed from http://themes.wordpress.net.
He’s not alone. Mark Ghosh on Weblog Tools Collection declared that he would no longer feature sponsored WordPress Themes on Weblog Tools Collection, one of the most important sources for news on new WordPress Themes.
In theory, this means that all WordPress Themes listed on the WordPress Theme Viewer, the official source for WordPress Themes, and those in the Codex WordPress Theme List which contain sponsored links, will be removed by July 21, 2007, unless their authors remove them first.
For more information on previous discussions of the issue of sponsored WordPress Themes, see:
- Plugin Authors Get No Love
- Weblog Tools Collection featuring Matt Mullenweg – On Sponsored Themes
- WordPress Idea Discussion to remove sponsored themes
- Sassy Lawyer – Sponsored WordPress Themes
- xMark Blog – WordPress Theme Sponsorship
- WP Designer – Deteriorating Theme Community
- WPDesigner – My Take on Sponsored Themes
- One Woman Show – On sponsored themes
- Buzzroid – WordPress: Beware The Sponsored Link Theme – Do You Know Where Your PageRank Is Going?
- Matt Cutts – Text links and PageRank
- h4X3d.com – Theme Ethics
- h4x3d.com – Theme Ethics Part 2
- Weblog Tools Collection – Sponsored Themes
- Blog Herald – Sponsored WordPress Themes: A Great Business Model
- Spontaneous Monotony – WordPress sponsored themes controversy
- Sassy Lawyer – I Vote To Remove Sponsored Themes from WordPress.org
- Webernet Architect – Tempest in a Teacup or Baby Momma Drama Over Sponsored Templates
- HeadSetOptions – The Other Point of View â A Designers Opinion on Sponsored Themes
- TailRank – On Sponsored Themes
- TailRank – Remove Sponsored Themes from WordPress.org
- Technorati – Sponsored Themes Tags
Site Search Tags: wordpress news, wordpress themes, sponsored themes, wordpress sponsored themes, sponsored wordpress themes, matt mullenweg, official wordpress news, weblog tools collection
Subscribe Via Feedburner Subscribe by Email
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network, and author of Blogging Tips, What Bloggers Won't Tell You About Blogging.