In Does Your Blog Design Matter?, Instigator Blog’s Ben Yoskovitz asks you if your blog design is as important to you as it should be:
The beauty of blogging is that you can always change things, experiment and see what works. This holds true for copywriting, social networking and your blog design. You might start by changing some basic colors in a WordPress theme or moving things around in a sidebar (which can have a big impact) and eventually get into more sophisticated changes.
…Your blog’s design should be important to you. It reflects more than you might realize on you and how you’re perceived by others. You should always want to put your best foot forward.
An important point he brings up is that your blog should reflect who you are and what and how you blog. While many people are reading designed-stripped blogs in their feed readers, the majority of visitors to your blog “see” your blog and form an instant decision on the quality of the content based upon their first impression.
Are you making a good first impression with your blog?
- Truths and Consequences of Blogs That Stand Out
- Blogging Rants: Tangential Blogging Can Lose Readers
- Choosing a WordPress Theme
- Help Me Find a WordPress Theme
- Looking for Lists of WordPress Themes?
- How Do You Choose a WordPress Theme?
- My WordPress Theme is Broken
- The Secret of Successful Editing of WordPress Themes
- Designing a WordPress Theme From Scratch
- Designing a WordPress Theme – Building a Sandbox
- A Guide to the WordPress Codex, The Online Manual for WordPress Users
- Navigating Your WordPress Site
- WordPress Design Details
- Finding Your CSS Styles in WordPress