WordPress 2.1 Thumbnail Hack from Nick Smit offers a way to get around the WordPress limit of not creating a thumbnail for an image over 3 megapixels.
Since blog images are smaller than this, a 3 megapixel image is huge and unusual for publishing on the web. Most reduce the size, and along with it the file size, so this is not a hack for the average WordPress blogger. It is designed for serious photographers and visual artists hosting huge image files on their blog.
His hack involves changing the code inside of a WordPress core programming file, which is not recommended, but if this is an issue for you, and you remember to change this again when you upgrade, why not give it a try.
- Instructions on Uploading a Photograph on WordPress.com
- WordPress Plugins for Images, Photographs, and Graphics
- PhotoExhibiton – Best Photography Portfolios
- Free Text Only Editors for Templates, PHP, HTML, CSS, and More
- Free Photos for Your Blog
- Some Basic Tips for Web Design Graphic Elements
- Image Replacement Techniques for Titles
- Designing a Rainbow – Sexy Hot Colors
- Buttons, Bows and Badges for Your Blog
- CSS and Web Page Design List of Resources
Site Search Tags: wordpress tips, wordpress thumbnail size limit, thumbnail images, thumbnail size, thumbnail size limit, auto thumbnails, wordpress hacks, working with images, blog images
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network Subscribe