I love finding blogger niches and was delighted with Chrispitality’s Round-up of Hotel Industry Blogs.
There is no doubt that the hotel industry is catching on to the fact that consumer-generated content is finding a voice in online media. As such more hotel brands will develop blogging strategies to touch customers on a more intimate level than the ubiquitous corporate hotel brand website.
With Web 2.0 tactics such as corporate or employee blogs, social networking, video sharing and “adver-tainment” starting to shift the nature of the way we connect with consumers, we are in fact moving into a new realm of hospitality marketing. With these tactics comes an ability to focus more on conversations and sharing with customers, rather than delivering one-way sales messages from brand to consumer.
The article goes on to highlight blogs dedicated to the hotel industry, which cover hotel consumers, the hotel industry, and specific hotels and regions where the hotel resides.
A few highlights include:
- HotelChatter with international hotel stories and industry news and tips.
- Living With Legends: Hotel Chelsea Blog edited by Chelsa Hotel guests with stories about the hotel and its famous guests.
- Front Desk Blog by Lodging Hospitality magazine, an American magazine for hotel developers and operators.
- The Hawthorne Hotel Blog of Salem, Massachusetts, covers local hotel information and news of the area for customers and the region.
- Should Your Small Business Have a Blog?
- What Are Your Favorite Blogging Resources?
- Bloggers Who Contribute to the World Benefit the World
- Blog Challenge: Blog About Those Who Dare to Speak Out
- Applaud Those Who Warn You: Your Blog’s Content Is Being Stolen
- One Year Anniversary Review: Blogging About Bloggers
- Thank a Blogger Today
- Whose Blogging? Celebrity Blogs on the Rise
- PhD Bloggers
- Music Bloggers
- Corporate Bloggers Blogging for Business
- 100 Blogs in 100 Days – Go Blog Herald
Site Search Tags: hotels, hotel blogs, hotelosphere, hotel industry, hotel industry blogs, corporate blogs, corporate bloggers, business blogs, business blogging
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network