Lord Chaos’s Whisper WordPress Plugin is something new and interesting for full version WordPress users. It allows readers to comment privately on a public WordPress blog, directing their comments directly to the blog administrator or specific logged in member.
According to the feature list, private comments would be seen by the “intended user” and Admin, hidden from everyone else. It’s customizable with a variety of options.
So who would use the Whisper WordPress Plugin? After all, part of the fun of blogging is the open comment policy, right?
If you are running a private blog, members only, or intranet blog within its own network of users, then I see this WordPress Plugin might be of value. And there are times when I’d like someone to “whisper” privately to me that I’ve misspelled a word or messed up instead of having the comment hanging out there for all to see my “oops!”. But that’s just life. Mistakes happen. Get over it and on with it.
Have you tried this Whisper WordPress Plugin? Do you see a need for it with your blog?
- One Year Anniversary Review: WordPress Plugins
- How to Write a Simple WordPress Plugin
- A Guide to the WordPress Codex, The Online Manual for WordPress Users
- One Year Anniversary Review: WordPress For Beginners
- One Year Anniversary Review: Helping WordPress.com Users
- One Year Anniversary Review: WordPress Tips, Tricks and Techniques
Site Search Tags: wordpress plugins, whisper, wordpress comments, comments, comment, secret comments, whisper wordpress plugin, commenting, blog comments, administration, blog administration
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network