Max Limpag of The Cybercafe Experiments has written a great guide on “How to convert any web template into a WordPress theme” so you can take any open source or free web design template and convert it into a WordPress Theme.
Among blogging applications, WordPress probably has the largest number of great-looking themes to use. Still, there are hundreds of free and even open source web templates not yet converted to work with WordPress. Knowing how to make this themes work with WordPress broadens your choice of design to use for your blog.
Converting a web template is fairly easy if you take the time to learn how to do it. I wrote this guide for someone like me a few months back — eager to use a great looking web design and yet not knowing how to start converting it to work with WordPress.
He’s even provided a step-by-step how to video on converting any web design into a WordPress Theme.
I’ve been working on a similar article for converting any static HTML page into a WordPress page, so stay tuned for more on that as part of my ongoing Building a Genealogy Blog.
- WordPress Tips, Tricks and Techniques
- Web Development
- Designing WordPress Themes
- Designing WordPress Themes for the Public
- Choosing a WordPress Theme
- Help Me Find a WordPress Theme
- Looking for Lists of WordPress Themes?
- How Do You Choose a WordPress Theme?
- My WordPress Theme is Broken
- The Secret of Successful Editing of WordPress Themes
- Designing a WordPress Theme From Scratch
- Designing a WordPress Theme – Building a Sandbox
- A Guide to the WordPress Codex, The Online Manual for WordPress Users
Site Search Tags: wordpress, wordpress theme, wordpress template, web page templates, website templates, templates, convert, convert web template to wordpress theme, convert to wordpress theme, web design, wordpress design
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network