In Real Lawyers Have Blogs’ article, “Best Blogs Send Audience Away”, the issue of what makes a good blog good is covered from an interesting angle:
Some of the best blogs are what Buzz Bruggeman describes as intelligence agents. They post what they believe would be of interest to their target audience…
LexBlog still gets clients saying they want all links on their blogs to open a new window. Why? Because they fear people will leave their blog. Is that nuts or what?
Want to tick people off? Have your links open new windows. Have users click to a number of links on your blog so they now have 8 or 9 windows open. Make it difficult to browse because the back button can’t be used to browse because every link is a new window. You’ll have people unsubscribing from your blog in a New York minute.
Your blog is not going to become all things to all people on a niche topic. If that’s your goal, you’re setting yourself up for failure.
Be a success by sending your audience to what’s of value to them. That’ll guaranty they’ll keep coming back to you for more.
Well said. Very well said. Applause!
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before You Blog
- Judging Blogs by their Post Content Styles
- The Key to Blogging Success: Perseverance
- How Easy is Your Writing to Understand?
- How to Write Good – Tips For Bloggers on Blogging
- Horse Sex and What is Dictating Your Blog’s Content?
- Why Do You Blog? Do You Have a Purpose?
- Writing a Blog and Engaging Readers
- Blogging Tips – Hundreds of Resources for Finding Content for Your Blog
- The Top 10 Clues That You Are an Amateur Blogger
- Prevent Blog Pollution
- Do You Update Posts or Post Updates?
- Are You Prepared to Prove Your Life?
- Bloggers Make a Difference – Taking On The Auto Industry
- Full Disclosure on Corporate and Commercial Blogs
- Have Your Favorite Bloggers and Blogs Run Out of Steam
- Define Blogging Success
- When was the last time you read your own blog?
- Blogging Yourself Into a Job: Is Your Blog Your Resume?
- Blog Writing: I lk yr blg
- Big Business – Listen to Bloggers, Please
- Fortune Cookie Blogging
- Because Ignoring Reality Is The Next Best Thing To Changing It
Site Search Tags: best blogs, blogs, bloggers, return customers, satisfied customers, blog business, blogging business, audience, give them what they want, links open in new window, open links in new window, wrong, bad blogging, niche, niche market, niche blogging, writing
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network