The Blogathon begins tomorrow, Saturday. Support the Blogathon Bloggers by showing up, talking back, and giving to a worthy cause.
To date, there are 373 blogs signed up for the blogging marathon. That is a big bunch of blogs blogging for the Blogathon. These blogs have pledged USD $65,732.67 for worthy charities so far, with more to come. Wow!
I recently offered tips for getting through the blogging marathon and here are my tips to help support the Blogathon. After all, without an audience for our blogs, what the heck are we doing this for?
- Check out the list of blogs blogging for the Blogathon.
- Visit them.
- Talk back.
- Create your own blogathon called a visit-a-blogathon and set a goal number of blogs to visit every thirty minutes (or hour) for the whole 24 hours. At a minimum, 373 blogs over 24 hours equals 15.5 blog visits per hour or 7.7 per 30 minutes.
- Sponsor a blog and win prizes and premiums and do some good in the world around you.
- Write about what you are reading, learning, discovering, and even about how you are helping, on your own blog.
- Help them. This is more than an endurance test. It is a brain bender. Writing 48 posts in 24 hours is hard work. They might need help with ideas, feedback, and just “being there”. Help them make it through the night.
- Nap during your day, and talk to the bloggers during the lonely hours of their night.
- Play games with the Blogathon blog list. Visit first the blogs which support your favorite charities. Go through the list in alphabetical order, backwards. Print the list out and throw darts at it, visiting the blogs you hit. Have fun with how you visit the blogs. Don’t ignore the blogs in the middle or the end of the list.
- Follow through. If you sponsor or make a pledge, follow through and keep your promise. Help make this a huge success. This is not a cause to benefit the one. This is a special fundraising event because it benefits the many.
For all of the Blogathon bloggers out there, you are my heroes and heroines. This is a great thing you are doing. You not only put a great spotlight on blogging and your worthy cause, but you set an example of the good that can come of blogging. Thank you for setting the bar so high and giving so readily of yourselves. You honor us. Thank you.
Site Search Tags: blogathon, blogging, bloggers, tips, help, support, blogging+tips, blogging+help, help+the+blogathon, blogathon+tips, blogathon+support, fundraising, charities, charity, heroes
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network