Technorati has a new look and feel. It’s Technorati’s birthday present to itself. Happy 3rd Birthday, Technorati.
You can find out more details on the new look and feel from the Technorati Blog. A few highlights of the changes are:
* We’ve made some major speed and accuracy improvements in core search.
* Link counting is a lot more accurate and timely.
* We’ve personalized the homepage so you can get a look at all the stuff you care about on one page.
* We’ve added in lots of features to help you make sense of the blogosphere, including Discover, which is topic-based, Favorites, which gives YOU the power to pick your favorite blogs, and Popular, which algorithmically derives the most linked-to items in the last few days.
* We’ve made some big changes to blog profiles – allowing you to get stats about any blog that Technorati tracks, including the tags used, posting frequency, traffic, and Technorati ranking.
* We’ve made things easier for advertisers and partners, and we’ve been overwhelmed with demand. We’re building out our capabilities, and if you’re interested in advertising, drop us a line.
They say that this is just the start. There is always room for improvement, and the lits of things they want to do is very long. Slowly, slowly. Step-by-step. A few highlights coming soon are to be “better charts, more real-time spam detection and elimination, more real-time media indexing, microformats integration, and additional localization and language support.”
That’s a lot to look forward to.
Congrats and Happy Birthday, Technorati. And thanks for putting the focus of the majority of changes on the end user, not commercial back-end. From the beginning, Technorati has put the user first, and continues to do so. Thank you, from all of us.
- Tags and Tagging in WordPress and Everywhere
- A Tagging Bookmarklet for WordPress and wordpress.com Users
- Categories versus Tags – What’s the Difference and Which One?
- The Problems With Tags and Tagging
- Adding Technorati Tags to WordPressMU Sites
- Not Just Slashdotted! Washingtonposted with Technorati
- Technorati BlogFinder – Add Your Blog
- October Sifry State of the Blogosphere Report Released
- Top 10 Tips for Technorati Tricks
- Some Interesting Analysis on the Blogosphere
- The State of the Blogosphere 2006
- Lorelle on WordPress Now Part of Technorati Tools