Among the recent, slowly dying down, recent spam attack, I find this comment spam:
Looks like your page was heavily hit by spam…
Oh, please. Give me a break. It’s really cute to send this kind of nice spam message right after a massive comment spam attack. Do they really think we are that stupid as to allow this comment spam, which includes a link to a hosting site, to sit on our blogs? Do they think we’ll accept this as a friendly comment and ignore it? Oh, yes, a little comment spam comradery.
Well, yes, they do think we are that stupid. They think we are so stupid that we won’t take precautions and use the best tools out there to stop comment spam from wasting our time and our reader’s time. They think we are so dumb that we will allow such idiotic crap to clutter up our pages so they can earn page rank and probably some money down the line.
Do they really think we are that stupid?
Unfortunately, it’s our stupidity that they are counting on, as well as our ignorance. They count on it.
Let’s make sure we show them who is not stupid. Get your comment spam protection set up now. Let’s make them look stupid for a change.
- What is Comment Spam?
- Comments on Comments
- Check Your WordPress.com Comments for Comment Spam
- Special Guide to Weblog Comments
- Website Hammered by Hotlinking, Spammers, and Free Loaders?
- Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll Replaced by Sex, Drugs, and Mortgage Rates
- A Day in the Life of a Paranoid Website Administrator
- Katrina Comment Spam Assaults Blogs
- WordPress.com Users Hit By Direct Attack – Stopped in its Tracks
- Americans Spend 40% of Their Time Online Deleting Spam
- Mean Spirited Comments and Blogging
- Comment Spam Fighter Spam Karma 2.1 Released
- Comment Spam Catcher Spam Karma 2.2 Released
- The Attack of the Spam-Bots from Hell
- Spam: Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages in Emails, Comments, and Everywhere
- Comment Spammers Getting Smarter – But Not Smart Enough
- New Comment Spammer on the Loose – Pay Attention
- Comment Spammers Now Using Hebrew to Fool You
- Imprisonment for Annoying People Online