When this first came out, I thought it was cute. A couple weeks later, it was still with me. I couldn’t get it out of my mind and I wanted to blog about it. I searched and searched and searched to no avail. Well, today, you are the lucky ones and so am I because I found it. I don’t know exactly how I found it, but it came up in some search engine results on a completely unrelated (so I thought) keyword combination and there it was. The long lost now found hysterical look at How To Start Your Very Own Blog In Fifty-One Easy Steps! from Kuro5hin.
Whether you have a blog, want to start one, have just started one, or have dozens of blogs, you have to read this brilliant introduction in how to start your very own blog.
This is one of my favorite parts:
25. Reload your blog incessantly every two minutes to see if anyone has made a comment.
26. Become enraged when the very first comment made on your very first blog entry is “yuo are teh sUxx0r!” from Anonymous
27. Go outdoors to calm down and get some fresh air, since you’ve spent twenty-two hours now working on your blog.
28. Tell every person you encounter – jogger, police officer, frantic paramedic – your blog’s URL.
29. Head back home when an idea for a blog entry comes to mind, such as the rudeness of paramedics who can’t be bothered to talk about your blog because they are busy helping some whiner with pitbull bite wounds on his throat.
30. When back at your computer, immediately refresh your blog’s page to see if any more comments were made while you were gone.
31. Grip the edge of your computer desk when the second comment reads “I said yuo are teh sUxx0r!” by Anonymous
32. Click on the “make new post” button on your blog.
Enjoy! Oh, but start your blogging with WordPress.com first, then move on to the full version of WordPress or other blogging software. That’s the only part of the instructions that I would change. Now, have fun!