Now imagine writing an entry about making contact with a parent after three decades of silence. And now imagine finding someone had slapped an advert for bleach on it. One which made reference to you, and your particular situation, but which still advertised bleach.
Welcome to blogging, 2005.
It’s not just the personal bloggers who have recently found themselves transformed into billboards. You might be writing about politics or technical doodads; you might be talking about many things unrelated to domestic cleaning fluids, and still find your weblog being used to host human-written, customised adverts for a new bottle with a whacky marketing strategy.
For the uninitiated, blogs consist of articles which generally welcome comments. Normally, those comments are from your regular readers; if you’re unlucky, though, they’re from conspiracy theorists, witch-hunters, stalkers, or – worse still – viral marketeers.
Helping you learn more about blogging and WordPress every day with help, tips, advice, and techniques for blogging and using WordPress and WordPress.com. The blogging help you need. Now.
Lorelle’s WordPress School
- What Do You Do When Someone Steals Your Content
- How to Install, Configure, and Use WordPress Plugins
- Customizing Your WordPress Theme Footer
- WordPress School: Forgetting the Post or Page Title
- Adding, Deleting, and Changing a WordPress Category
- Step-By-Step Website Development - Check List
- Display Post Excerpts Only in WordPress
- Find, Search, Replace, and Delete in the WordPress Database
- WordPress School: Addresses and URLs
What’s She Talking About?advice audience blog Blog Challenge blog exercise blog exercises blogger blogging blogging advice blogging help blogging lessons Blogging Tips blog writing categories comments community community building content copyright css design design tips editing editorial calendar event events hacked hacking help history how to blog how to use wordpress how to write html inspiration interactivity learn wordpress lessons links motivation news planning schedule security security vulnerability seo sharing site customization social social media social web spam tags tips vulnerability Web Design web publishing web writing wordcamp wordpress wordpress.com wordpress design wordpress development wordpress events wordpress guide wordpress help WordPress News WordPress Plugins wordpress school WordPress Themes WordPress Tips wordpress tutorials Writing writing for the web writing tips
- Clark College Offering Two WordPress Classes Starting Now
- WordPress Site Structure and Organization
- Google+ Hangouts For 30 Clicks
- Web Writing: The Editorial Article
- Lorelle Presents Writing with WordPress Workshop in Salem, Oregon
- Troubleshooting Post Content Errors
- Tablets for Educators and Students in College
- The First Website Revived
- How to Link to Posts, Pages, Categories, Tags, Authors, and Feeds in WordPress
- WordPress Site Models
Read More from Lorelle
Thrashing Spammers Daily