Several years ago, she’d chosen a Magazine-style WordPress Theme. The structure was based upon the standard magazine-style, sticky posts for the slider/carousel at the top of the front page and content on the front page divided up by titled categories in a column format.
We met this morning and went through the step-by-step process of what it takes to publish a post using that WordPress Theme.
- Write the post in a text editor.
- Copy it from the text editor and paste it into a new post.
- Add the title to the post.
- Set the “more” point for the front page excerpt length.
- Choose the post category.
- Add the tags.
- In the Publish box, click Visibility, then “Stick this post” and Okay to make it a sticky post for the slider.
- Review, edit, and publish when ready.