It’s time to blog the news and current events for September in our Blog Exercises.
This month, I want you to dig deeper into the news, targeting your specific industry and niche. With several months of blogging the news once a month under your belt, you should have set up some good resources in your feed reader and bookmarks, sources where you can keep up with what’s going on, changing, or newsworthy.
Are there sources you haven’t tapped yet? Dig deeper and spread your net wider.
As a professional blogger, I have collected over 1000 resources for news, tips, techniques, and resources to report on and help me blog better. The list tends to grow rather than shrink as I constantly add new rising blogging stars blogging about blogging and WordPress, and I love being surprised with new sources that I’ve missed along the way.
There is nothing more boring than reblogging the news from the same sources. Expand your list. Expand your world.
As I gather up all these resources over time, it helps me to create resource and reference articles featuring many of my best sources. Readers love it when you share your sources with them, letting them in on your secret stash, so to speak.
Examples of such resource and reference posts include:
- Blogging Tips – Hundreds of Resources for Finding Content for Your Blog
- Blogging Resources and Sources to Help You Blog
- Blog Resources for English Language and Blog Writing
- Blog Resources: Researching the Research, Finding the Facts, and Seeking Supporting Evidence
- Blogging Resources: Business and Professional Resources and References for Bloggers and Writers
- Life 101: Books That Changed My Life and Blog
- WordPress Tips and Resources
- WordPress Cheat Sheets, Checklists, and Infographics
- WordPress Theme Resources
- WordPress Under the Hood
- Web Design and Development
- Web Practitioner
As part of our monthly current events Blog Exercise, it’s time to blog a current event or newsworthy topic related to your industry, discovered from an industry source. If you can’t find a good source covering your topic, you may blog anything from the news that relates to your blog.
As stated, this month you are to expand your resources, dig deeper and farther to find relevant current and topical subjects to blog about. Consider adding another post or using this exercise to create a list of relevant resources or references associated with that current and timely event.
Remember to include a hat tip link back to this post to create a trackback, or leave a properly formed link in the comments so participants can check out your blog exercise task.