March is WordPress month with more WordCamps and WordPress Meetups than ever. Will April beat it? Lester Chan makes a WordPress PowerPoint Template for presentations. WordPress wins the Best Irish Blogs Awards. FeedBurner transfer deadline is this weekend. Adobe Flash security vulnerability found, impacting many Plugins and WordPress blogs. And a lot more WordPress news coming your way.
The following are a few of the highlights and the WordPress news you can use.
FeedBurner Transfer to Google FeedBurner Deadline is Now
As reported by Weblog Tools Collection’s Mark Ghosh, FeedBurner has been taken over by Google and FeedBurner users are required to transfer their FeedBurner feeds, or check to ensure they have indeed been transferred, as he found out recently that his weren’t. Feed must be transferred as of February 28, this weekend, to the “new” version of Google FeedBurner.
WordPress 2.7.1 Released
WordPress 2.7.1, a maintenance release, is out. If you are using WordPress 2.7, take advantage of the automatic built-in upgrade. If you are not, then consider upgrading to WordPress 2.7. Sixty-five files were modified with 68 bug and feature fixes and improvements, and I covered more details about the release on my blog.
WordPress 2.8 News
Ryan Boren reports that development for WordPress 2.8 is underway. Articles worth noting on WordPress 2.8 development include:
- Optimizing Script Loading
- Optimizing script loading part 2
- Optimizing script loading, implementation
- Change your WordPress Theme on …
- WordPress 2.8 body_class, automatic_feed_links
- What a body!
Flash Security Vulnerability Warning
F-Secure reports there is a security vulnerability with Adobe Flash, specifically a Adobe Flash Player remote code execution vulnerability which impacts several versions. Many WordPress Plugins rely upon Flash, as do many WordPress blog. It is recommended you upgrade Adobe Flash accordingly.
I report on a lot of various WordPress events including WordCamps and WordPress Meetups around the world. Check the Blog Herald WordPress News for a WordPress event near you.
WordCamp Denver News
WordCamp Denver is this weekend and for the most part, is sold out. I’ll be attending and working with Dave Moyer of the WordCast Podcast to do live podcasting and video interviews during the event. Hope to see you there!
WordCamp Toronto Logo Design Contest Winner
WordPress Meetup or WordCamp Near You?
- WordCamp Denver 2009 – February 28, 2009 (Facebook)
- Dallas/Fort Worth WordPress Meetup – Dallas, Texas – February 28, 2009
- Atlanta WordPress Users Group Meetup – Learning WordPress 2.7 – Atlanta, Georgia – February 28, 2009
- The Chicago WordPress February Meetup – February 28, 2009
- Austin, Texas – Installing Full Version of WordPress – March 3, 2009
- New Jersey – The New Jersey WordPress March Meetup – March 4, 2009
- Mobile, Alabama – Gulf Coast WordPress/Blogger WordPress Meetup – March 5, 2009
- Las Vegas WordPress Meetup – March 5, 2009
- Los Angeles WordPress Users Group – March 8, 2009
- Southern California WordPress Meetup – Long Beach – March 15, 2009
- Ft Lauderdale – South Florida WordPress March Meetup User Group – March 11, 2009
- Las Vegas WordPress Meetup – March 12, 2009
- Austin, Texas – SXSW 2009 – March 13-22, 2009
- Arizona – The Scottsdale WordPress March Meetup – March 15, 2009
If you are putting together a WordPress event, please email me so I can publicize it here. If there is a WordCamp near you, go. If you are interested in setting up a WordCamp, stay tuned for news and information on to bring a WordCamp event near you.
Site Search Tags: wordpress news, wordpress events, wordpress announcements, wordpress releases, wordpress plugins, wordpress themes, wordpress community, wordcamp, wordpress meetup, help with wordpress, wordpress tips