The thirteenth blog post published on Lorelle on WordPress was Designing a WordPress Theme – Building a Post Sandbox. This post continues to be useful to WordPress Theme developers and testers, so I’ve updated it and included an easier-to-use sandbox post text file.
When designing, testing, or tweaking a WordPress Theme, you need to pay attention to all the design details, especially the often overlooked post content HTML elements such as the links, headings, blockquotes, lists, bold, italic, images, and more. Copying and pasting the sandbox post content into your WordPress blog and publishing that post gives you a chance to test all the post content design elements.
Whether you are starting your first WordPress blog and testing a variety of WordPress Themes, or updating your WordPress Blog design, using a testing post sandbox is a extremely useful to fine tune all the design details. The new updated version should help you style your WordPress Theme even better.
If you offer your WordPress Themes to the public, it is critical that you design every element, especially if you wish to be included in the WordPress.com Theme options where users have no access to tweak a Theme or add a little style to a link, bold, or some content element. Make sure that every design element is covered by your WordPress Theme styles.
You are welcome to use the Post Sandbox content with my permission.
For more web design and WordPress Theme help, see:
- Navigating Your WordPress Site
- WordPress Design Details
- Choosing a WordPress Theme
- Attention WordPress Theme Designers: Designing Themes for WordPressMU
- 10 Steps to Valid HTML
- Testers, Checkers and Fixers for WordPress Themes
- Web Pages That Suck
- Website Development – International Standards and Languages
- Designing a WordPress Theme From Scratch
- CSS and Web Page Design List of Resources
- Conquering Site Validation Errors
- HTML, CSS, PHP, and More Cheat Sheets
- CSS Maintainability – Serious Style Sheets
- More Must-Have Bookmarklets Than You Can Swing a Browser At
- Sex Sells – How To Nail a Sexy Layout
- More Than You Want to Know – Search Engine Articles, Information, and Resources
- Blog Design: The Nature of Fonts
- A Guide to the WordPress Code, The Online Manual for WordPress Users
- Creating a Good Blog Archive
- Code Snippets – Help and Cheating and Goodness
- CSS and Web Standard Feeds in One Place
- CSS: Studying Your CSS Styles
- More Website Design Mistakes
- A Good CSS Tips, Tutorials, and Tricks Resource
- Buttons, Bows and Badges for Your Blog
- Fixing Browsers: Bugs and Hacks
- A Gallery of Website Layout Designs and Ideas
- Accessibility Doesn’t Have to Be Boring
- Designing Themes for WordPressMU – Fill In All The Details
- Finding Your CSS Styles in WordPress
- Designing a Rainbow – Sexy Hot Colors
- Website Design Psychology
- Image Replacement Techniques
- Accessibility Wins SEO Plus Plus
- Some Basic Tips for Web Design Graphic Elements
- Boycott Ugly Table Designed Blogs and Websites
- Are You Missing Out By Not Practicing SEO Techniques?
- WordPress Theme Designers: Slapping You Upside the Head
- The 12 Biggest Problems With Your Blogs
- A Study on the Art of a Well-Designed Weblog
- Accessibility: For Everyone, Including the Colorblind
- Breaking the Limits of Customizable WordPress Themes
- Website Accessibility is Now Getting Serious in the USA
- Creating a “Bad Code Day” Error Message for Your Blog
- Rules of Smart and Successful Web Development and Web Design
- JPG, PNG, or GIF – When and How to Use Different Web Graphic Formats
- Defining Abbreviations, Acronyms and Definitions in Your Blog
- Site Under Construction: Things Left Undone
- Web Page Design and Styles: Let The One Who Has Never Hacked A Stylesheet Throw The First Stone At Me
- Cybercafe Experiments: How to Convert Any Web Template Into a WordPress Theme
- Wrapping Text Inside PRE HTML Tags
- The Battle Between Image Width and Column Width
- WordPress Plugins for Blog Layout, Formatting, and CSS Designs
- Blog Challenge: Top Ten Blog Interface Designs
- Blog Building: Who Controls Your Blog? You? Your Host?
- Bloggers Share Step-by-Step Tips for Increasing Blog Usability
- Blogging Tips Book: Best Blog Design Elements
- Should You Design Your Own Blog?
Site Search Tags: wordpress themes, wordpress help, web design, post sandbox, sandbox post content, post content, testing blogs, testing wordpress, testing WordPress Themes, html, design, html test, web page design