Blog your memoir.
A memoir is an auto-biography. It can be about your whole life, and your perspective of your life lived, or it can be just a story from your past, a moment about your life shared publicly.
Writing a memoir is different from a biography, and different from blogging about your day-to-day life. It is your point of view on your life. It isn’t someone else’s perspective but yours. Your life, told your way.
For more information on writing memoirs, see:
- Writing Memoir and Personal Story: How to write about yourself without boring your audience
- Writers Digest – Write a Memoir to Remember
- Inkspell – Memoir Writing
- BBC World Service – How to Write Memoirs
Remember, this is a blog post challenge, not a book challenge. If writing this blog challenge inspires you to write a book about your life, I expect a little thank you in the credits (kidding!), but for now, write something within reasonable size, possibly highlighting a pivotal moment in your life or a personal story you want to share.
And afterwards, come back here and share the lessons you learned about writing your own story on your blog.
These blogging challenges are published weekly and are an attempt to kick your blogging ass. They serve to challenge your thinking and efforts in blogging and blog writing. To participate, start challenging yourself now. Today. Go for it.
Past Blogging Challenges
- Blog Challenge: What Have You Learned This Year?
- Blog Challenge: What is the Most Unusual Blogger You’ve Found?
- Blog Challenge: What Keywords Make You Number One in Google
- Blog Challenge: What’s Your Blog’s Story?
- Blog Challenge: Who Is In Your Feed List?
- Blog Challenge: Who Is Linking To You?
Site Search Tags: blog challenge, blogging challenge, memoir, memoir writing, writing memoirs, memoir challenge, autobiography, auto-biography, writing tips, writing techniques, how to write, how to blog, telling a story, story telling, storytelling
Subscribe Via Feedburner Subscribe by Email
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network, and author of Blogging Tips, What Bloggers Won't Tell You About Blogging.