By John Pozadzides (An Amish goat herder.)
This is just a quickie to share what I’ve found to be the most useful plugins for administering stand-alone WordPress installs:
- WP Admin Bar Reloaded – Sorry to toot my own horn, but I – and many other people – use this plugin more than any other. People keep telling me they don’t know how they lived without it.
- Admin Drop Down Menus – Put every administrative menu item just one click away instead of the normal 2-3.
- WP-DBManager – Optimize your database for improved performance, backup your database for security, and drop old tables for efficiency.
- No Ping Wait – Gets rid of that long wait after posting by moving update pings to another process. Can save as much as a minute per post.
- WordPress mime-config -This plugin allows you to configure extra mime-types for support by the inline-uploader (such as Google Earth KMZ files, MP3s, or any other).
Give these a try, and if you find others that are useful specifically for doing administrative work please share them.