Since Google came out with the Google Sitemap, WordPress.com bloggers have had no luck verifying their WordPress.com blogs until now. Jalaj P. Jha has come up with “Get your WordPress.com Blog Google Verified”.
It’s a simple method of creating a Page with the Page title as the HTML file name Google provides. Create the page with no content, then click the Verify button on Google’s Webmaster Tools verification page, and your WordPress.com blog is now verified. Delete the Page and you are off and running with all of Google’s Webmaster Tools.
This technique was tried before and didn’t work, but it works now, so hurry before it stops working.
And thanks, Jalaj, for persisting and figuring this out.
- Google Sitemaps Goes Standard With Acceptance By Microsoft and Yahoo!
- Search Engine Site Submission Secrets
- Search Engine Friendly: Helping Googlebot Crawl Your Blog
- More Than You Want to Know – Search Engine Articles, Information
- How To Remove Your Blog Content From Google
- Tracing Your Blog Links
- Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- The Art of a Good Site Map
Site Search Tags: google sitemap, sitemap, sitemap submission, google webmaster tools, verify sitemap, wordpress, wordpressdotcom, wordpress.com, wordpresscom, wordpress news
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network
Subscribe Via Feedburner Subscribe by Email