Tan Kian Ann of Blogopreneur offers “10 Practical Ways to Use a Blog”, outlining some common blog models.
- Personal weblog
- Professional interest blog
- Company website
- Online resume
- Newsletter publisher
- A communication platform for companies
- A brainless instant publishing site to make money
- Project development and status announcements
- Collaboration project logs
- Chatroom creator
Some blogs are combinations of these things. I’m sure you know plenty of blogs which are personal weblogs and also brainless instant publishing sites to make money. ;-)
A company website can also be a communications platform and include a blog, but I think the difference here is that a company website is more about the information and sales marketing than the interaction and communication.
So which blog model do you have? A combination or specific type? Or do you have a different name for your blog model type?