Google Webmaster Central offers “Discover Your Links” with new tips on tracking down all the links to and from and within your blog.
Tracking down these various links give you a better understanding of how your blog works, not only for you but on the web in general, as well as for search engines.
Tracing the external links, links that point away your blog, shows you who you are recommending and sending your visitors.
Tracing internal links, links that connect your blog posts and pages to each other, help search engines crawl through your blog, but they also figure out if you are linking to everything and everything is linking to each other within your blog. If a page isn’t linked to, it becomes an orphan, and search engines will ignore it, as will visitors.
Tracing incoming links is a way to find out who is linking to you. Search engine page rank uses the information on who you are linking to as well as who is linking to you to add to the mishmash they call their page rank algorithm to determine how popular your blog is and where it should rank in the search results.
Incoming links are also a clue as to who is talking about you. I think that’s reason enough to investigate them, don’t you? ;-)
Check out all the ways Google offers to help you check all your links.
- Secret Out – How Google Ranks Websites
- Do-It-Yourself Search Engine Optimization
- Site Optimization: Optimizing Bandwidth and Cleaning Out the Code Closet
- Meet Them: Benefits of Compliance with Web Standards
- Site Optimization: Checking Loose Links
- Linkability – Link Popularity
- The Power of the Link
- How People Search the Web and How They Can Find Your Blog
- When is the Best Time and Day to Post on Your Blog?
- Are You Missing Out By Not Practicing SEO Techniques?
- Search Engine Friendly: Helping Googlebot Crawl Your Blog
- See What Search Engines See When They Visit Your Website
- Writing Effective, Attention-Getting Headlines and Titles on Your Blog
- Creating Effective, Attention-Getting Headlines and Titles
- One Year Anniversary Review: Searching and Search Engines
- SEO Secret: Exploring How Search Engines Explore
- Creating Attention Getting Linkable Content
Site Search Tags: tracing links, incoming links, the power of links, external links, who is linking to who, blog links, search engine page rank, seo, seo technique, internal links, site links
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network Subscribe