Many long time readers here know that when it comes to the fame spotlight, I’m easily embarrassed when it touches my feet. When it smashes in my face, I’m really humbled. So it is with some trepidation, but part of my job, to let you know that my work is being bragged about on the Blog Herald in “So Who Do Japanese Bloggers Like the Best?“.
And we have a clear winner: Lorelle VanFossen!! Japan’s No.1 Social Bookmarking site is Hatena Bookmark and users are bookmarking The Blog Herald Japan there.
The most linked post, by Lorelle, is It’s Catching: Blog Disease, translated- here. A Japanese blogger wrote a parody version: Hatena Bookmark Disease, crediting Lorelle and The Blog Herald Japan with the original version. And this has proved by far the most popular post translated so far. Lorelle’s other posts also get to 2nd and 3rd in the rankings when compared to other translated columns, with Derek following in fourth.
The Blog Herald recently started translating their blog into Japanese. It seems that It’s Catching: Blog Disease, which features the wonderful wit of LaDawn Clare-Panton with her take on blog addiction, that is getting the most attention with the Japanese readers, especially since someone went even further with the notion. I’m in good company with Derek van Vliet, a talented contributor to Blog Herald who specializes in the social networking and bookmarking industry.
With all the fanfare, I thought I’d offer up the latest articles I’ve written for Blog Herald, in case you missed them . You can find more about my work with the Blog Herald in Lorelle Joins The Blog Herald:
- Selling Your Blog: What Are Blog Buyers Looking For?
- Selling Your Blog: What Goes Into The Selling Price?
- How Are You Planning For Your Blog’s Future?
- DNA Tracing: The Next Social Networking Network?
- Should Blogs Have Forums? Should Forums Have Blogs?
- Are You a Thinking Blogger?
- What Should You Remove Or Add On Your Blog?
- Are You Following Your Blogging Instincts?
- What Message Is Your Blog Sending?
- How Will Bloggers Fare in the Upcoming Browser Wars?
- Are You Walking The Blogging Walk?
- The Future of Education is in the Blogs
- What Will Stop Comment Spam?
- Placing Blame Where Blame Deserves to Be Placed
- How Do You Choose What You Blog About?
- Should You Announce Upgrades On Your Blog?
- 29 Traffic Generating Tips From 29 Bloggers
- What Advertising Method Works Best With Your Blog?
WordPress Wednesday News
Every Wednesday, I write up the news for the week about WordPress, WordPress.com, WordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins, and the WordPress Community events and activities for the Blog Herald. That’s a lot of WordPress news.
- WordPress Wednesday: WordPress 2.1 and More
- WordPress Wednesday: Happy Birthday and More WordPress 2.1
- WordPress Wednesday: Custom Fields Contest and Lots of WordPress.com News
- WordPress Wednesday: Easter Eggs, Editor Extras, WordPress Plugins, and more WordPress 2.1
- WordPress Wednesday: Hot 2.1 Plugins and Themes, Contests, Challenges, and NoFollow
- WordPress Wednesday: WordPress and WordPressMU Upgrades, Powered by WordPress Companies, and Build More WordPress Blogs
- WordPress Wednesday: Mandatory WordPress Update, WordPress Attack, WordPress.com New Features
- WordPress Wednesday: Mandatory Update Reminder, WordCamp2007, Instant Upgrade Plugin, SxSW Conference, and More