WordPress in Your Language from the WordPress Codex, the online manual for WordPress, offers extensive information on WordPress source files, Themes, translation files, and support. I recently highlighted some of the amazing variety of languages available for WordPress users and I thought I’d take a look around at the various international support and help sites and forums for WordPress users.
Currently, WordPress is available for full version users in over 45 languages. WordPress.com bloggers have not quite so many choices, but the number is slowly rising to make WordPress.com available to as many international users as possible. But what about finding international help?
Most international users can find WordPress versions and Themes in their language, along with plenty of localization and translation files. That’s great. You can blog in your language, but can you get support in your language?
There are currently few international support sites. International WordPress users often can’t find the help and support they need so they come to the WordPress Support Forum and struggle to write out their help request in English, often misunderstood which takes a long time to get the answers they need.
There are only a few sites offering extensive documentation in their language, and even fewer offering human interaction and discussion to help WordPress users. We would love to see more WordPress support for bloggers in various languages.
Here are some WordPress forums and help sites for various languages. If you know of any others, please let us know so we can add them to this list, and the list of language support in the WordPress Codex.
- WordPress Help in Arabic
- WordPress Help in Basque-Euskara
- WordPress Help Chinese Forums
- WordPress Help in Dutch for Netherlands
- WordPress Help French Forums, documentation, and more WordPress Help in French
- WordPress Support in German
- WordPress Help and Support in Greek
- WordPress Italy Forum
- WordPress Japanese Support Forums
- MyWordPress.ru – WordPress Help and Support in Russian
- Spanish WordPress Support Forums
- Türkçe WordPress Forum
If you are interested in starting a WordPress support forum, we’d love to add you to our list. To qualify as a WordPress support site, the site must be open to WordPress users and the public (not private) and have volunteers available to answer questions. It is also good to have someone who speaks and reads English to monitor WordPress news to report to the forum. This is not a short term commitment, so consider it carefully. And if you choose to join the WordPress Support volunteer community, you have joined a fantastic group of people who are working overtime to help make WordPress the best it can be, in any language.
If you are fairly familiar with how WordPress works, and able to speak and write fluently in English and another language, volunteers are always needed. Check out the information in the Translating WordPress page and sign up for volunteering with language support issues with WordPress on the wp-polyglots mailing list.
WordPress.com has an ongoing project to help translate WordPress as well, so help is needed all around to make WordPress as international as possible. Come join the fun and share your language skills today!
- WordPress in Your Language
- Website Development – International Standards and Languages
- Translation – How Do You Know Which Language is Which to Translate
- Instantly Translate Your Blog
- Invitation to Hebrew and Arabic bloggers to blog with WordPress.com
- Translate WordPress: WordPress.com Home Pages in Hebrew, Farsi, Bulgarian, and More
- Blogging in More Than One Language
- First Step to WordPress Help: Search First
- A Guide to the WordPress Codex, The Online Manual for WordPress Users
- One Year Anniversary Review: Helping WordPress.com Users
Site Search Tags: wordpress, wordpress language, wordpress localization, localization, translate, translation, wordpress in your langauge, wordpress support, wordpress forum, international wordpress, international wordpress help, international wordpress support
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network