I thought I’d seen all the evil comment spammers can do in their comment spam, but this one takes the cake – literally.
Comment spammers have used news bits, text from books, quotes, nice words about you and your blog, and a variety of text to incorporate their links and get you to think that what they are saying is a legitimate comment when it is really evil link stuffed comment spam.
Now, they are resorting to jokes and funny quotes, and not just in English. And they’ve come up with some great ones.
Here are a few of my favorites:
I bought some used paint. It was in the shape of a house.
– Steven Wright
“There’s a door.”
“Where does it go?”
“It stays where it is, I think.”
— Terry Pratchett, “Eric”
Marty, non pensi quadrimensionalmente!
– “Doc” Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd), “Ritorno al Futuro”
Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead.
— Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, “Good Omens”
You don’t sew with a fork, so I see no reason to eat with knitting needles.
– Miss Piggy, on eating Chinese Food
“It’s a god-eat-god world.”
— Terry Pratchett, “Small Gods”
While funny, this is as close as these are going to get to public exposure on my blogs. Akismet caught these, so they were not released on my blog. The laugh is on you.
Okay, listen up, comment spammers. I’ve told you before and I’ll tell you again, it doesn’t matter how you try to hide your comment spams or spamming links in my comments. I will route them out and report them. You will be banned. Resistance is futile, so is creative comment spamming. Useless. Quit wasting our time and go back to whatever advertising and marketing hole you crawled out of. You give the advertising and marketing business a bad name. So go away. Now. You aren’t winning here.
- What is Comment Spam?
- Calling All Stupid Comment Spammers
- A Day in the Life of a Paranoid Website Administrator
- Content Specific Comment Spam on the Loose
- Looks Like Your Page Was Heavily Hit By Spam – Yeah, Right, Spammer
- Check Your WordPress.com Comments for Comment Spam
- Imprisonment for Annoying People Online
- Comment Spam Fighter Spam Karma 2.1 Released
- Bad Behavior Fighting Comment Spam Before It Gets In – Updated New Release
- Spam: Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages in Emails, Comments, and Everywhere
- Comment Spammers Getting Smarter – But Not Smart Enough
- New Comment Spammer on the Loose – Pay Attention
- Comment Spammers Now Using Hebrew to Fool You
- Americans Spend 40% of Their Time Online Deleting Spam
- Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll Replaced by Sex, Drugs, and Mortgage Rates
Site Search Tags: comment spam, comment spammers, comments, spam, spammers, jokes, joke comments, joke spam, joke comment spam, wordpress, akismet, comment spam fighter, fighting comment spam
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network