“Get To Work on IE7 Beta 2 Preview” from Robin’s Blog gives a very candid review of what it takes to use the upcoming new Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. The amount of effort to get it installed made me really reconsider the value, though.
- After downloading the software and running the exe file your operating system installation needs to be validated before you can install. So information has to be sent to Microsoft.
- I found that I couldn’t validate easily with Firefox. I ended up resetting my default browser to IE to validate.
- I had to install an Active X control in order to validate and even then I got a validation error in IE.
- I ignored the validation error in the browser and clicked Validate again in the install screen and it finally let me install the software.
- Internet Explorer 6 will be replaced by this beta version, so only install if you’re ready to make the switch.
If you are considering beta testing IE7, give this a thorough read before you install.