One of my favorite comment spam catching tools, Spam Karma, has just released its latest version, 2.2.
New in 2.2:
* Miscellaneous bug-fixes (UI, WP2 compatibility etc.)
* Fine-tuning of older modules to accomodate new spambot breed.
* Minor additions to SK2′s filtering modules to raise SK2 protections.
I’ve written before about how much I adore the ease and concentrated effort the Spam Karma WordPress Plugin provides by putting a stop to comment spam on WordPress blogs. I recently wrote about how Spam Karma is fighting back against the comment spam bots form hell and ongoing efforts to compete against time-wastering comment spam promoters. Spam Karma’s developer continues to be at the forefront for protecting WordPress users from these evil doers.
Comment spam isn’t fun, and it does waste a lot of time, but don’t let your fear of comment spam keep you from blogging. With great tools like Akismet and Spam Karma, comment spam is mostly put down and your blogging administrative tasks are merely housekeeping.
- New Comment Spammer on the Loose Pay Attention
- Website Hammered by Hotlinking, Spammers and Free Loaders
- Comments on Comments
- What is Comment Spam
- Hurricane Katrina Comment Spam Assaults Blogs
- A Day in the Life of a Paranoid Website Administrator
- Comment Spam and Viral Marketing – BBS Weblog Watch
- WordPress.com Users Hit By Direct Attack – Comment Spammers Stopped in its Tracks
- Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll Replaced by Sex, Drugs, and Mortgage Rates
- Americans Spend 40 percent of their time online deleting Spam
- Comment Spam Fighter Spam Karma 2.1 Released
- Comment Spammers Getting Smarter – But Not Smart Enough
- Spam: Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages in Emails, Comments, and Everywhere
- The Attack of the Spam-Bots from Hell
- Imprisonment for Annoying People Online