Not long ago, I talked about the awesome Ulitmate Tag Warrior WordPress Plugin by Christine Davis and how to add this plugin to your full version WordPress blog to put the power of tags on your blog. I thought I’d also point out an excellent guide to putting tags on your WordPress blog by Trainque called “Turning WordPress Into a Tag Based Blogging Application”.
What I ended up with a was a website that functions more like an internally hyperlinked set of posts and topics rather than a journal with archives by month. I think it’ll make for a better experience for visitors to this site, who can now browse by their topic of interest rather than through the order of posts.
If you want to get more tag-oriented on your site and help your users navigate your site better, check out this great primer and also see the articles on how to put tags on your posts, how to create a custom bookmarklet to add tags to your wordpress.com or WordPress posts, the difference between tags and categories, and the problems with tags and tagging to better understand how this all works.
- A Tagging Bookmarklet for WordPress and wordpress.com Users
- Tags and Tagging in WordPress
- Categories versus Tags – What’s the Difference and Which One?
- The Problems With Tags and Tagging
- Categories versus Tags: Defining the Limitations
- The Ultimate Tag Warrior WordPress Plugin
- Helping the Ultimate Tag Warrior Work with Jerome’s Keywords WordPress Plugins
- Adding Del.icio.us, Digg, Technorati and Slashdot Links to Your WordPress Blog
- Adding Technorati Tags to WordPressMU Sites
- Putting Some Thought Into Blog Categories and Tags
- Tags Are Not Categories – Got It?
- What Do You Blog About? Check Your Tags
- Playing Tag With WordPress
- Top 10 Tips for Technorati Tricks
- Tidying Up Tags – A Technical Review
- Lorelle on WordPress Now Part of Technorati Tools
- Combining Ultimate Tag Warrior With Jerome’s Keywords WordPress Plugins – Meet Tags in the Head
- Link Referrals – Linking to Site Search Tags
- Abuse: Keyword Spamming versus Tag Spamming
Site Search Tags: tag, tagging, category, tags, categories, technorati, technorati+tags, problems+with+tags, problems+with+categories, different+between+tags+and+categories, tags+and+categories, keywords, wordpress, wordpressdotcom, wordpress.com, wordpresscom, help, tips, tip, wordpress+tips, problem, challenge, links, intrasite, instra+site+links, categorizing, categorising
Copyright Lorelle VanFossen, member of the 9Rules Network