Now imagine writing an entry about making contact with a parent after three decades of silence. And now imagine finding someone had slapped an advert for bleach on it. One which made reference to you, and your particular situation, but which still advertised bleach.
Welcome to blogging, 2005.
It’s not just the personal bloggers who have recently found themselves transformed into billboards. You might be writing about politics or technical doodads; you might be talking about many things unrelated to domestic cleaning fluids, and still find your weblog being used to host human-written, customised adverts for a new bottle with a whacky marketing strategy.
For the uninitiated, blogs consist of articles which generally welcome comments. Normally, those comments are from your regular readers; if you’re unlucky, though, they’re from conspiracy theorists, witch-hunters, stalkers, or – worse still – viral marketeers.
Helping you learn more about blogging and WordPress every day with help, tips, advice, and techniques for blogging and using WordPress and WordPress.com. The blogging help you need. Now.
Read More from Lorelle
- How to Install, Configure, and Use WordPress Plugins
- What Do You Do When Someone Steals Your Content
- Customizing Your WordPress Theme Footer
- WordPress Tips: Exploring the WordPress Text Widget
- Display Post Excerpts Only in WordPress
- Step-By-Step Website Development - Check List
- Adding, Deleting, and Changing a WordPress Category
- Example of a Perfect Personal Blog
- Understanding and Fixing WordPress Search
- Find, Search, Replace, and Delete in the WordPress Database
What’s She Talking About?advice audience blog Blog Challenge blog exercise blog exercises blog focus blogger bloggers blogging blogging advice blogging help blogging lessons Blogging Tips blog writing categories clark college comments community community building content copyright editing editorial calendar education event events help history how to blog how to use wordpress how to write inspiration interaction interactivity lessons links motivation news organization planning readers schedule security seo sharing site maintenance social social media social web spam stories storytelling tags tips trackbacks Web Design web publishing web writing wordcamp wordpress wordpress.com wordpress development wordpress event wordpress events wordpress help WordPress News WordPress Plugins WordPress Themes WordPress Tips wordpress tutorials wordpress upgrade Writing writing for the web writing tips
- Take a Walk with a Friend
- A Resting Space
- Clark College Offering Two WordPress Classes Starting Now
- Waiting to be Let Inside
- Inspired by an Artist at Work
- In the Shadows Beauty Lies
- How Deep is Your Perspective?
- WordPress Site Structure and Organization
- Google+ Hangouts For 30 Clicks
- Web Writing: The Editorial Article
Thrashing Spammers Daily